Service is the highest spiritual discipline. Prayer and meditation, or knowledge of scripture and Vedanta (holy scriptures of India), cannot help you reach the goal as quickly as service can. Service has a double effect: it extinguishes the ego and gives bliss.Sri Sathya Sai Baba
Service or Seva is the most important tenet of the Sri Sathya Sai Orgnisation. Baba says that “Hands that serve are holier than lips that pray”. There are ample seva opportunities at the Nairobi Centre. Here is how you can help the various wings at the Centre.
- By taking part in all the spiritual activities of the Centre such as Reguals Bhajans, Bhajan Practices, Meditation etc.
- By sending your children between 6 and 16 years of age to Bal Vikas classes on every Sunday morning.
- By contributing food to the food Bank for the School.
- By contributing new Textbooks, Stationery and other requirements of the School.
- By going to the School and help in Sai Farm for growing maize, vegetables, fruits etc.
- By extending any type of help to the Board of Directors of the School in running the School.
Narayan Seva (Feeding the children)
- By coming on Sunday mornings to help serve or pack food during Narayan Seva and Meals on Wheels program & also to cleanup after the Narayan Seva is over.
- By sponsoring the Narayan Seva.
- By bringing food stuff for Narayan Seva.
Medical & Dental Clinic
- By assisting at the medical and dental clinic if you’re a doctor/dentist to come in and treat patients. Specialists in different fields are particularly needed.
- By contributing towards the expenses for running the medical and dental clinic.
- By coming on Thursdays, Saturdays and on festival days to Clean the Prayer Hall, Alter, Swami’s Penthouse and other areas of the Centre and also to make garlands and decorating the alter for Bhajans and festival days.
- By helping in cooking for providing Breakfast, Lunch or dinner to the devotees during the festival days.
- Youth between the age group of 17 to 32 can provide all the above seva during the festivals and during regular activities.